Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What I learned. . .

It has taken me many years to focus on being "in the moment". I tend to always be looking ahead either worrying about what will be or counting down the days to a "big event" that I am excited about. But since before we moved here I have tried really hard to be totally present. Time is too short and you don't know what will be.
When A Mary and U Phil were here I discovered a couple things that I had never known. First, my Uncle has an infectious laugh, an incredible, hearty laugh that makes you join in. I can still hear in my head and it cracks me up. How did I ever miss this? Must always be totally present. Second, well truthfully I already knew this but it was so fun to be reminded. A Mary is one of the silliest, funny people I know and being with her is always kooky-fun. She just is fun, doesn't matter where or who is around she is silly-fun. A zest for life which is so refreshing.
Well, I am tearing up now(not a sad tearing up though, a happy one that I am so blessed to be a part of such a good family) so that's it for tonight. MJ

2 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

Sadly - it's not about being in the moment but that we are now older and can appreciate our relatives for who they are. Me - I'm not quite there yet... *grins*

Bob and Molly said...

That's okay, you know I am always willing to share. . .(evil grins right back at cha)