Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ready to Go



It's all in the pack and ready to go . . .

and yes, that is Mr. Bear on top, he will be going along. I need someone who can talk "bear" and he's the best that I've got. For now he goes inside the pack, but on the trail I will have him strapped to the outside.

Bob and I have been able to spend the yesterday and today together. We've watched a few movies, had a steak dinner (Bob is such a great cook), went out to lunch this late morning (suppose to be breakfast, but we didn't get there too late and they weren't serving it any more), now we are back at home, curled up, watching another movie.

Bob will be leaving for Red Dog on Saturday, July 5th. I will be returning from Skagway and the Chilkoot on Saturday, July 5th.

I added another blog for you to check out, it's Cousin Erica, give it a read and I'll tell you all about the Chilkoot when I return. MJ

2 comments:

Marlys said...

When I didn't see Mr. Bear in the other picture I thought he was a thing of the past.....silly me! I am excited and apprehensive for you and for Bob. This 'hike' is such an amazing challenge but actually sounds like fun! Molly, I am trusting that you will follow all the hiking rules and avoid at all costs becoming bear food! Take care and BE SAFE!
Bob, I remember last year....you will be paying attention to who sneeks up on you, right? I love you both!

Unknown said...

I hope the hike goes well. I'm soooooooo sad that we were not able to be there. You'll all be in our thoughts that all goes well.

Can't wait to hear when you get back .

y