Friday, June 20, 2008

Saturday, June 14th


(I told Shane, our pilot, "No pressure, but this is the only picture of all four of us from their visit." He did a fine job.)

We are finally set up for the helicopter ride. We were all four able to go, thanks to a couple from Texas who had to reschedule with Coastal because it was too foggy at other glaciers. Each helicopter company has their "own glacier" to land on for the season.


Side note: the seaplanes are fling up and down the channel right now. You would think that it would be an annoying sound, but I love to listen to them and see them flying in a row up and down the channel.


So, since there was only 2 of them, we all got to go. Thank you couple from Texas! I know that it is strange that I am terrified (that is not an exaggeration) to fly in a plane, but I do love the helicopter. Maybe it's because I can see all the instruments and I know what is going on (not really, but at least I know that there aren't any crazy sirens going off in the cockpit, cus' I am in it). If I could fly around in a helicopter all the time, I would be set. It was beautiful on the glacier. Coastal lands on the Hubert. We had a fun time and Shane gave us a little extra time up there. Although A Mary is still not a fan of flying, she was glad that she did it. My new motto is "you have to at least try it once, then you can decide". Except when it comes to food, I am not eating anything crazy.
After the flight, we raced to return the rental car and make it to the ferry terminal. It was 3:10 pm when we got off the helicopter and I literally ran to return the car (which was due at 3 pm). I had to gas it up and get it back. But paying for an extra day would have been worth it, for all 4 of us to go up. I was 20 minutes late and guess what? The computer said no late fees. Yeah. So the 4 of us piled in the Ranger (A Mary sat in the extended cab part). I know, pictures would have been nice, but there wasn't time (or so we thought). We race there, rush to buy our tickets, say fast good-byes to Bob and then ask for confirmation of when the ferry leaves. It was 4:30 pm, not 4 pm. But, we were there and that's what matters. Of course I turned around and my husband was gone. He had to get to work. MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

Shane did an AWESOME job!
Of course, it didn't hurt that the scenery is gorgous and the people, well they are just a beautiful site too! Takes my breath away.....this one is going up in the 'gallery' at my desk!!!!