Sunday, June 1, 2008

Graduation

One of my co-workers at the theater, who has no family here, asked me to go to Graduation today. I felt very honored. So today I went. A class of 460 kids. I was impressed, in and out in two hours. The really neat part was that 6 kids from the theater graduated today. Colton, Cora, Desiree, Jamie, Myrissa, and Trevor. Now the reality is that I could be any of there mom's. It's kind of funny. Anyway, Colton is the one who asked me to come and even made sure that I had a ticket. This kid has the best smile, one of those that lights up the world. Myrissa, who just started at the theater a couple of weeks ago, gave me a big hug when she saw me. I sat on the correct side of the gym and each ne of them walked right by me. I got some great pictures for them. They are a good group. After the ceremony I walked back downtown to meet Chris for coffee and I was feeling a little alone. But it was so wonderful to be a part of their day. Colton leaves Tuesday to return to the interior so we said our goodbyes. My heart wraps around people, thus the reason I said I wasn't going to make friends when we moved here, it's so hard to say goodbye. It's important to hold onto those moments that make you smile. MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

Oh Molly, this made me smile through tears of joy. Why do I feel like I just missed the graduation of one of my grandchildren.
Memories "that make you smile" are the best kind to have!