Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting ready for the Chilkoot . . .

That is today's plan. Time to pack the pack and make sure it all fits. We have a couple of places to go, Costco for granola and jerky (and lunch, no better deal in town than a Costco dog). The Nugget for a couple more items that I need (like a bug net, I almost went insane on Tuesday, they kept biting my head!), and Hearthside (for my waterproof notebook and pen for the trail). Bob also rented a few movies and is going to make steaks for dinner, a "last super" of sorts. After I leave tomorrow, we will be a part for 5 weeks. And as Bob pointed out last night this is his last day off in 5 weeks. Thus the reason I am letting him sleep in, it is 10 am the day is 1/2 over!!! I am really excited and nervous about the trail, and a little teary-eyed about being a part. Selfish me is sad because there won't be anyone to come home too to tell about the trail. Line in the present and I guess that I will just have to use descriptive language in my notebook.
I better be off, lots to do today and it's time for a shower. I will post again before I leave. MJ

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So when do you leave and why isn't Bob going? Are you going with a group?
How long will you be gone?
I just read a few days of your blog.

I know and love THE laugh.

Aunt Sherry

Bob and Molly said...

I leave tomorrow (June 27th). Bob is unable to take time off in the summer and he will be leaving for Red Dog while I am gone. I am going with Tristan, her mom and sister. We are gone a week, but hiking 41/2days.

Marlys said...

You're carrying all this.....it looks like another 'I spy' picture! Whew that's a lot of stuff...Oh my aching back (knees, hips, ankles, neck).... I'm a wreck just looking at it (winching as if it hurts to laugh)
BE SAFE !!!!