Friday, June 20, 2008

Ahh, the tourists

Don't get me wrong, I love the tourist. They come here and spend their hard earned money, they have wonderful stories to share and 99.9% of the time are just plan fun and happy. You do get those grouches, but why even give them the time.

This is the part that cracks me up. Do our brains go on vacation when we do. Here are some common questions by our guests (in today's paper and just a few I know):

"Do you sleep in igloos?"

"Do you take American money?" (You know this one gets me. We are part of the United States, hello, what money do you spend any where else in the USA?)

"What elevation are we?" (You all do realize that we live on the channel, which is the ocean? I am asking you my readers, not the tourists.)

(Looking up, at the Mendenhall Glacier, in Juneau) "Is that Mount Everest?"

This one came out of the paper and is a hoot. . . (On being told that she was standing in a rain forest) "Where are all the monkeys?"

It appears that we all need to retake geography.

Good laughs. MJ

3 comments:

Jordan Richardson said...

Your in Russia not USA ;-)

Bob and Molly said...

You're killing me! Atleast I didn't move to the USA Retirement Village. aka FL

Marlys said...

Holy cow you two, am I going to have to 'knock some heads together'? !!
Apparently blogging is can be similar to 'Cousin's Night' at Grandma's. LOL
(Appropriate handsignal hear would be my hands over my ears!)