Saturday, November 29, 2008

Madagascar: Escape to Africa

We went to see the movie, finally. Aaron went with us. We were able to get our schedules together and go. It was fun to "zone out" for a little bit. I am knee deep in three jobs, Fastbreak, Christmas cards, the 6 books that I checked out, laundry, dishes, recycle . . . you get the picture. So it was a nice escape.

I am tossing around the idea of buying a new laptop. The HP Mini actually. My computer crashed at work. To quote our tech lady"a piece o'junk". I will be awhile before I get it back which is not good for me. All I do now is on the computer and it has been frustrating trying to do my work without it. I have been shuffling between 4 computers and all of my information is on a memory stick. I just don't like it. So I saw the mini and just love it. Tiny - that's what I want to carry back and forth. The only thing is that it doesn't have a cd drive and I am not so certain that I like that. But I really like that it is 2.25 lbs. and 10.2 display. I am looking for compact. So what do the computer "experts" think? Is there anything else out there this small and light? And cheap?

2 comments:

Joelle Moniz said...

Hey Molly,

Dell's got a mini 9 currently out and a new mini 12 coming out next month. I was thinking the about a mini for my travels. If you need an external CD/DVD drive I got a Sony one you can have it hooks up via USB.

All the Best,
Joelle

Once Upon a Farm said...

I agree with Joelle - the Dell's out are amazing - but I'm a Dell man too.

External CD drives are no big deal. I have a external 10-key and I manage just fine. :)