Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Hair and Hands

Today I went to the salon for a haircut and a manicure. I have not had a manicure since we moved here and it felt soooo good. I love when they massage my hands and arm. I keep telling myself that it is time to slow down and take care of myself and I am getting closer and closer. My new decision is that I will go for a manicure once a month and Tristan and I booked a day at the spa over Christmas Break. It doesn't replace coming home, but it gives me something to look forward too. Right now I am just dreading the time when we were going to be home. It creeps up on me and I don't think that I will make it until next December and then I think "just got to keep busy" and then I work too much, go get a manicure and get told by the tech that I am too tense and need to relax and then the cycle starts over again! Ugh - 2009 relax more and take care of oneself. (I believe this was learned from my family - you know who you are.)
Bob has another dr appt tomorrow. He and the dr will discuss him going back to work and what he can and cannot do. Yeah, like he listens. I'll post tomorrow and let you know how it went. The plan right now is that Bob will return to work on Thursday.
Gram Update - She had her first round of chemo yesterday and as of today was doing well. She was resting, listening to music, and working on crosswords. For any of you in the area, honk on your way bye, she knows it's for her. MJ

4 comments:

Tristan and Adam said...

ahhh, felt so good huh?!!! hey, i think you can add my dad's chilkoot videos to your blog. it's in youtube under Alaskabrewski .

Once Upon a Farm said...

*stern look* After all we have been through and you're not relaxing...why I ought to come up and there and......visit! :)

Thanks for the Gram's update - I've been thinking about her! Here's my *HONK HONK* :)

Bob and Molly said...

Ahh Scott, I just love you! Come see me anytime, you know that.

Once Upon a Farm said...

You never know when I will end up on our doorstep.....