Friday, April 11, 2008

It's a good way to start the day

My office is directly across the hall from the orchestra room and kiddie corner to the band room. You might think that in a middle school that could be bad, it can be a little repetitive when the beginning bands play Christmas songs for the entire school year. But for the most part it's pretty cool. Our jazz band practices 3 mornings a week and they are rockin' good. This weekend they are playing at the Folk Festival. This is a big deal as no middle school has ever been invited to play at the dance on Saturday Night. They will be playing an entire 50 minutes. Needless to say, we will be there. They get my head moving to the music every morning that they play. It's pretty sweet. I'll try to record some of it on Saturday, to give you a taste. Off I go, groovin' to the music. . . MJ

2 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

SWEET!

Marlys said...

That is awesome!

Through the years I have often been amazed by the young talent I have had the privilege to see and hear....especially those in my own family (that means you too Scooter). Tears of joy are welling up in my eyes just thinking about it!