Monday, April 14, 2008

It must be the $20 socks

I broke down yesterday and wore a pair of the hiking socks that I had purchased for the Chilkoot. They were on sale, so I only paid $10. Now I know why people pay so much for a pair of socks. They were like pillows for my feet. They are so comfy. I'll be keeping an eye out for more sales. It is rainy and very windy the past couple days. On my walk yesterday, my hat blew off. Brr. Bob is training this week so he had Saturday off instead of Monday/Tuesday. It's hard to believe that the first ship will be here April 30th. Bob has had a busy winter and it's almost time for the season to begin. Not much of a break for him this year.

If you looked outside right now you wouldn't believe that it is April 14th. It is snowing. I told myself that it was winter until May 1st. So I wouldn't be disappointed. I am so glad I did, since it is still snowing. Ugh. The skunk cabbage is about 8 inches tall, which means that spring is on the way. We'll just see how long it takes. MJ

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Molly, I have tried so many times to leave you notes here and gotten blocked every time . . . but I installed a different firewall so maybe this time I will succeed! I want you to know that I miss you and I think about you and Bob and pray for you guys. I love this blog, you do a great job with it. Well, here goes nothing . . . see if this one "takes"!

Once Upon a Farm said...

HA! I was laying in the sun on Sunday and it was 102! But, much like you, reality will soon set in - snow on Wednesday when I get back to Denver!