Sunday, April 27, 2008

All in a weekend . . .

After Saturday School yesterday I headed out to meet up with Jolee. She's another one of those people here that remind me of someone back hope. Kim S. to be exact. It's so strange. But anyway, it was a rainy cool day, but it was fun to be at the beach. She had a shelter reserved and a fire going. We played games and warmed up by the fire. I also took walk and brought back wood. I believe she now thinks that I am a little strange. Oh well, it' the truth.

Bob and I crashed pretty early last night. But I was able to get started on the book I am finishing tonight. Did I already say how I can't get enough of reading? I don't know what it is.

Today has been a lazy day. As my brother says "his day of rest". I have been online quite a bit, read, and the usually Sunday cleaning. No walk today. Since Bob's schedule is changing I am going to start walking to work, so I took today off. My body needed a rest. Feet mostly. I have got to replace my leaky boots. Soon. I also got an email form Aunt Mary about the time her and ETate spent together. Oh, it made me laugh and cry. I can still hear that boys voice in my head. I guess when that goes away, when I can't hear your voice in my head, we've been gone too long. I hope that never happens.

Bob and I were going to go to the movies, but we decided to stay home and watch the Tigers. We would have enjoyed it more if they were winning.

Hopefully our phone will be back tomorrow. MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

Silly me, I never think of Alaska as having 'beaches'. It sounds wonderful though! What a peaceful way to spend part of the day. I spent part of my day picking up 'sticks' in the yard at Grandma's with Angelica and Ethan. They spent more than half of that time chasing each other around the trees, trying to hit each other with pinecones. I put my camera on "Sport" and clicked away. It was very entertaining! Grandma was pleased to see the wheelbarrow overflowing when she got home. Uncle Phil can now mow the lawn!