Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A book review

Okay, so I have got to tell you about this book: "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid". It is frigging hilarious. I could not stop laughing. I checked this book out one day last week for a student that was in my room. Somehow the book grew legs and walked out of my room. I had hoped that it would be turned into the library, but no such luck. This weekend I bought a copy to replace it. But before I turned it into the library I thought that I would read it. It took me 2 nights and I laughed the entire time. I laughed do much that Bob said he had to read it. He finished it today. I am not even kidding when I say it's one of the best books that I have read. Now maybe it helps that I work at a Middle School right now. The book is written as a middle school boy who has a "journal" and his school year. There are also little sketches. The book is 200 pages, but can be read in a night. The next in the series is Rodrick Rules (about the older brother) and I just saw that there was a third. I will probably have to wait for next school year, since there is a waiting list. But I will be looking forward to it. MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

So...this is recommended reading for anybody who might be working at a Middle School within the next couple of years?

Anything that can make a person laugh about Middle School years is good reading period!