Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's been a sunny weekend so far

The sun has been out since Thursday around noon (yes, we still have night time - I mean during the day) and it has been wonderful. As my mother has always said (none of her children like the dark) "This always look better in the daylight" and they do.

Friday after school we went to JoAnn's and picked up a several jar candles. I was so excited to get them in the clearance section for .97. Good deal. We spread them throughout the condo and will use them when necessary. Yesterday Tristan and I got up early and did a little garage saling. It is that time of year again. I am mostly looking for items for my classroom. There is $0.00 budget for the ISS room so I am trying to be resourceful. I found out when we did our taxes this year that teachers get a $250.00 deduction every year. Certainly far less than what most teachers I have known in my life will spend, but it is something and I am going to use it wisely. So I am looking mostly for shelving and books to build the library in my room. Also puzzles and some mind teaser games. I have found with a few of my students (who struggle with staying focused) that puzzles work. So I am searching for ones that also teach. That can mean so many different things. It just depends on how you look at it. I am also always looking for camping/hiking gear and a night stand for Bob's side of the bed. Just a few things. Bob has also asked me to keep an eye out for fishing stuff. I don't know much about what to get in that department, but I'll do my best.

Today is sunny again and I am going to leave here shortly to go meet Chris for coffee downtown. I tried to get him to walk with me, but no such luck. I just can't convince him that it is good. He reminds me so much of brother Scott (y) that it kills me. Same sarcastic whit. There are things God knew we would need and He continues to provide. MJ

4 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

UHm - I've been replaced.... :) *ha!*

Marlys said...

Certainly not REPLACED.....that is such a strong word and we know nobody could replace you. As I hear Molly "type" I think of it more like you've been cloned, in a literary way (not literally silly).

Once Upon a Farm said...

Literary way..... is that like Poetic justice?? :)

Once Upon a Farm said...

It's all just oo Edgar Allen Poe to me....