Sunday, April 20, 2008

And the rest of the weekend. . .

Meet Chris for coffee and we walked around downtown enjoying the sunshine. The guy who tied a line between a light post and a tree and practiced walking the tight rope. The group of individuals who cleaned up all the liquor bottles and the group who brought in an entire grocery sack of new ones. We left right about then and did some more walking. Then just sat in the sun talking. The sun felt so good on my face. Still does.

I can't remember if I mentioned that I joined a book club or not. Tristan and some co-workers at her school started one. At first I said no thinking that it was every Thursday and that is just too much of a commitment for me now. But it is once a month. That I can do. The first book March. Based on what the dad, from little women, was off doing while at war. I really struggled with it, but it ended up being pretty good. Not like I would say "go out and read it" but doable and it seems like something that one would read for a book club. It kind of made me laugh how husband and wife see this differently and what they think that the other is thinking. We should all learn to just ask and then the asked should speak honestly. We may be a little better off in the end. MJ

No comments: