Friday, August 15, 2008

Mr. Sleepy Head

That would be Bob. He ended up having to stay the night in Haines on Wednesday and got home yesterday afternoon. He was pretty sleepy. So I am trying to be very quiet as not to wake him.
It's not raining this morning, just really foggy, but no rain is nice. It even seems a little bright out.
The rest of this will just be some random thoughts that I have been meaning to share with you . .
* Bob picked up a new coffee pot last night. Apparently my mixture of 3 parts water 1 part milk was not acceptable to our pot. I know, I know, but it taste better than just mixing it in my coffee cup. Now I know.
*We get several yachts in the channel all summer and I often wonder "What kind of person owns those". Since I am sure that my looking through the telescope would be frowned upon, I have just wondered. Then last week two gentlemen came into the Red Dog GS and guess what. They were off one of those yachts, up from Texas. We get a lot of Texans. They were nice and spent some cash. Never batting an eye.
*Hey, the sun is trying to shine!
*We lost another fish. "They" say it's not my fault, but I am a fish killer and it didn't look good when Bob got home. I do everything I am suppose to. I feed them (I do forget sometimes, so it's late) and I talk to them, just like Bob does, but they just don't like it when he's gone. It was so sad, he was a good fish. It lead to a conversation about why we don't have any other pets, too attached and when they die, it's sad. If I can't keep fish alive, how will I ever manage anything larger?
*It's sunny and Sleeping Beauty has woken so we are going outside. MJ

2 comments:

Marlys said...

At least he is sleepy because of honest work. I am sleepy because my Grandkids thought it would be fun for me to watch "Sleepy Hollow" before bed last night. Combine that with sleeping in a strange place with strange noises and that accounts for my sleepy headedness!

Once Upon a Farm said...

*smiles* YOu can still make me laugh even when you're way up North.....