Saturday, August 2, 2008

A couple of days in Skagway . . .



Joelle on a swing at the Mollie Walsh Park
Engine from the White Pass Rail
Me asleep on the ferry (a common site)

We spent a couple nights in Skagway and one full day. The ferry schedule is a little messed up this year. As this was my third visit in 2 months I felt like a resident. Did some school shopping. I finally found the khaki skirt that I have been looking for since we moved here. Bought some Christmas and Birthday presents (hey, I like to plan ahead). Had a fantastic meal (same as I had last time - I just love sweet potato fries) walked around and then called it a day. The ferry ride home was a 1/2 day of sleeping. I have been fighting some cold/sinus thing and I am still wiped out. MJ

4 comments:

Marlys said...

Great pictures! Hey, I love sweet potato 'fries' only I make my own...more like sweet potato wedges...yummy! So, will your mother be allowed to sleep on the ferry?....(might be the only way I can travel by water...giggles)

Bob and Molly said...

You feed me sweet potato wedges and you can pretty much do whatever you want!

Once Upon a Farm said...

I love that picture of you sleeping - not only did it make me smile - it truly made my day!

Unknown said...

so you actually do stop occasionally? great sleeping photo.

y