Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A little closer to home . . .

That's right, Bob just called from Anchorage, he's getting closer to home. His flight is delayed /2 hour for mechanical difficulties (that never makes me feel warm and fuzzy). Me, I am just trying to do everything in slo-mo so I don't get done too soon and start pacing (or show up at the airport an hour early).

It's been beautiful out the past two days, our first two days of summer. It was 72 at 5:06 pm (on my walk home from work I pass the clock). That is an intense heat here. It felt good. Hopefully the weather will hold for Bob to enjoy some of it. He had some crazy weather at Red Dog. Snow in July. His comment "I don't know what to do with snow in July".

We have a couple off days together. I go back to work on Saturday and right now Bob is going on back on Sunday. It's good we have the time, I have lots of pictures to show him of the Chilkoot, plus, I just miss him. Just being will feel really excellent. MJ

No comments: