Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mama Mia

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic day!!!



I got to go to our new high school today, Thunder Mountain. It is incredible. The thought that went into planning and executing this school was intense. It is gorgeous and I just couldn't believe my eyes. The students who have chosen to attend this school and going to be wowed. I know I was. One of my favorite parts is that there are teachers offices in every classroom. How fantastic and inviting is that for students and/or teachers who would like to have a private conversation. No more of there classmates listening in. Or if a student is acting out, you can "pull them in" and now they no longer have an audience. Sometimes that's all it takes. The lights in classrooms are motion sensitive, you all leave the room, they shut off. Colored concrete entryway, which I can't wait for Bob to see and critique. Tomorrow we are having our all district staff breakfast there and I can't wait to explore some more. I don't think that I am going to sleep.

Also tonight I went to see Mama Mia and what a hoot!!! I haven't laughed that much in a while. And cry. Darn things got 2 sets of 3 girlfriends in it. Man I miss my girls, I just close my eyes and see them. It will be so good to be back together again in December. Then the mom and daughter stuff. Oh, thank goodness it was funny or I would have bald like a baby. I miss you mom, I miss you. Anyway, Yvonne asked me what I was doing on Monday, Labor Day and I started to tell her that I was going to stay home, drink coffee and pamper myself. When I stopped and said "Why, what do you want me to be doing on Monday?". She replied, "I really want to go see Mama Mia". "Well Thursday is it's last night in the theater." "Thursday as in tomorrow?" "Yes, do yo wanna go?" So we went. Perks on my job. Movie tickets: $0, Popcorn: $0, Dr. Pepper: $0, a good laugh with a couple of co-workers: Priceless. If that movie is still in theaters where you are, grab someone and go. Besides, who doesn't love ABBA? and own ABBA Gold? MJ

1 comment:

ybus said...

I just saw Mama Mia a week or so ago with some friends and laughed so hard I cried. Loved the movie. Although we had to pay - but it was worth every penny.

Can't wait til you all come home in December!

y