Sunday, July 6, 2008

What is True Love? Part II

















aka: What I came home to . . .


Bob and I knew that we would not see each other when I arrived home from the Chilkoot Trail. He would be flying out that morning. It was tough to say good-bye to him, I miss him.
We had Friday and Saturday to spend together and it was nice to just be together. Bob sewed ties for our tent, cut rope, double checked what I had packed, took me to Coastal and got me his Astronaut Pen, and weighed my pack (45 lbs). When we got to the Ferry Terminal he insisted on on carrying in my pack. Then he picked up the other girls packs and guess-timated the weight of each of theirs. He is a good man and so cute for looking out for me.
Advance forward one week and my arrival back to our condo. . .
The first thing that I see is the Finish Line, flowers on the counter, food in the fridge, he takes such good care of me and I am a lucky girl. I had a good little cry before I made my phone calls.
Tomorrow I return to work and daily life. I am hoping that my ody has recovered by then. I feel a little off, but good, so good. MJ

3 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

You certainly got a good guy! And we all love Bob!!

Hey - I was thinking about you tonight while hitting all the blogs that I read. Here's one that I think you'll enjoy....http://greatlakesguru.blogspot.com/

The key that writes this wrote about the 'June' event at German Park... :) Ah - the good 'ole days

Bob and Molly said...

The good ole days indeed.

Marlys said...

That Bob....what a great guy and super husband!

I sure miss German Park too; all the water I could drink and dancing 'til the cows come home.