Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Amanda Lynn


My Manda Girl. . .


This is our Manda Girl and today she turns 32. She is one of the most beautiful women I know. Her spirit and heart fill me with joy. She has a inner strength that has seen her through trying times. She'll be embarassed by this, because that's who she is. But this is one of my favorite pictures of her. Taken the weekend that the "cousins and Aunt Marlys" took over Gram's house in 2006. Good times. We have shared many special memories, laughs and tears growing up. Days on Lake Michigan, summer trips to Saugatuk, Clinton Fall Festivals, road-trip to Dan and Jen's wedding, Lenawee County Fair, late nights just giggling, Zoo Day, shopping for bridesmaid dresses, twice, learning to lean on one another when our hearts were broken, being strong, learning to cherish memories. She is a quiet soul who like my mom, sits back and takes it all in. She is so beautiful (which I think that she forgets) and I miss her all the time. Manda Girl we are looking forward to seeing your smiling face soon! Happy Birthday to you, from your two crazy cousins in Alaska.

4 comments:

Marlys said...

I can hardly wait until she sees this post! It'll go something like: 'Did you see what your daughter posted on her blog!' And, I will have all kinds of sympathy, replying: 'Suck it up Amanda, it's every bit the truth!'(grins and giggles)
(By the way, Amanda really likes her B-day gifts all the way from Alaska!)

Bob and Molly said...

I am glad that she likes them. I knew that she would be embarrassed, but her birthday is the start of something new on the bolg. I have been trying to figure out a way to honor and appreciate all of those we love and this seems like a good way. Who better to start with than Manda Girl.

Marlys said...

One other thing we both missed.....she was born in 1976 and suggests we redo the math!

Bob and Molly said...

oops, I new that she was born in 1976. I guess that I do need to redo my math. Correction noted.