Friday, July 11, 2008

I said bear, not clear!

This came to me in an email from Bob, I have copied it word for word . .

hey mol, i gotta tell you this, i think i need some ninja fish here. earlier today i was going out to the helicopter and some guys in a truck pulled up to me and said to watch out, there was a bear in camp. i looked down the road and the bear was about 100 yards away on a little dirt mound checking out a fake deer that is set up there for archery practice. no problem i just turned around and went inside. some people said the bear actually bit the fake deer. a few hours later i was working on the helicopter cleaning windows and jag (oh yeah jag is here for a couple weeks) and jarod were checking out the deer. i turn around and the bear is about 15 feet away from me and coming at me. i jumped in the helicopter and closed the doors. i started hitting the horn (there is a warning horn in the helicopter for low rotor speed i can make activate). the bear hesitated but kept coming closer. this was not a small grisly. i kept hitting the horn and finally he turned around and started walking away (after he got about 2 feet from me and the helicopter). i opened the door and yelled BEAR. that finally scared the bear enough that he kind of trotted away. afterwards i walked down to jag and jarod and asked if they heard me. they said they heard me but thought i was just makin jokes with the horn (an inside joke from something that happened earlier) and they thought i yelled clear not bear. they thought i was kidding again and pretending i was going to start the helicopter. this is what i get for being a smartass so much i guess. i was really trying to warn them there was a bear around. well after my heart slowed down we did have a good laugh.

1 comment:

Marlys said...

It is still just as laughable as it was when you told me over the phone. I pray that Bob has more than 9 lives....'cause he might need them if he keeps being the 'boy who cried wolf...er bear'!
We love you Bob so stop playing 'grizzley bait'!