Friday, July 25, 2008

Chunk o' Rock


That's what I came home to in the middle of the driveway. Big ole chunk o' rock. If it wasn't so late and I wasn't so tired, I would have taken a picture of it. I will take my camera with me in the morning and if it is still there I will capture it. Guess that's a risk you take when you live on the side of a mountain. It is obvious that it rolled down. So glad that we don't park on that side. MJ
The rock, in between the plywood that they put up to "warn" us I guess. It was gone when I got home from Haines and Skagway. I think that they chopped it up. There was a pile of rock that wasn't there before. I guess that's one way to get rid of it. MJ

2 comments:

Marlys said...

How big is 'chunk o'? Does anybody park on 'that' side? If not, what stopped the rock? The potential for momentum of this 'rolled down' stuff sounds dangerous! Exactly how far did it roll down....whew!

Once Upon a Farm said...

I could go into a lecture about potential and kinetic energy, E=mc squared, Laws of motion, energy and all... but I need a white board.... Maybe a pointer too!

Definately something that would never happen in the Irish Hills...