Thursday, March 27, 2008

Trying to age gracefully

I have told myself that I will age gracefully, there's nothing you can do about getting older and in my book the longer you are blessed to be here on this earth - well, it's a gift. As the white hairs continue, I just smile and say "maybe I will be fortunate enough to have white hair like my great granny, I put on a few pounds, okay, I just have to work a little harder, skin seems a little dro0py, no big deal. But after last weeks visit to the dr., it is not always going to be easy t keep a happy attitude. I have gained too much weight and as I was discussing this with the dr. I remembered that there is a bump on my back that has been there for a few years and I asked her about it. now mind you this is after I had been talking with her about the fact that I walk/hike 5 miles 6 days a week, we use olive oil, I drink 60 - 72 ounces of water a day and I am frustrated that I keep adding on the pounds. She looks at my back and you can see that she doesn't want to answer me. When it comes out of her mouth it is like slow motion, I can't believe what I am hearing "it's a fatty deposit". Are you kidding me. I get that lots of people get them as they age, but this is unacceptable. There were a few other things that happened in that office that only a few will know, but I tell you what, the miles a day just went up, fatty deposit, that will haunt me for a while.

My new goal is to get to 10 miles 6 days a week. This morning I think I started 6 miles. My plan is to increase a mile a week. I may do that a little faster since I am up 3.75 hours before I start work. The key is to do it all before work, then I don't get lazy. The only thing that may stop me is the plantosomething that I have developed that makes my feet hurt so bad after I stop. As long as i am on them I am fine, if I site and then try to walk, oh, mama, it hurts. I have some stretching exercises to do that should help. Tata for now - MJ

3 comments:

Bill Rigley said...

The beard looks good Bob! I'm going to the Tiger's Home-Opener on Monday, so I'll make sure I send you guys some pix. And I'll try to mail you some Tig's gear. Hope to hear you guys soon.

Cheers, Bill

Once Upon a Farm said...

Molly...Molly...Molly... Next thing you know, you'll have liver spots, bifocals and support hose! Glad I'm younger than you! *evil grins*

Bill Rigley said...

You look good Molly. All you have to do is keep hanging out with Bob and his gray beard, then you'll keep that youthful look goin'.