Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Three alarm fire

One of the things about moving away that is tough is that when bad things happen you just can't be there. (and good things to of course)

On Sunday Aaron's house caught on fire. His description is classic my brother, the way only he can tell it! But I heard the story first from mom and I could just picture my brother in his house with a garden house, smoke all around him, fight that fire (yes, this is what happened, and it chocked me up. Granted he said that he had an escape route (large window to dive out if necessary), but it still broke my heart and not being able to see him and touch him to know he was really okay was tough. I am not always convinced with asking, since I know we all don't always tell the truth. I am grateful to God that he is okay and the damage doesn't sound too bad. Mom went to see him yesterday. (I knew that she put on a good front when she called me, acting like she was all cool and calm, if my hearts panicked, I know hers is).

Please, if you don't have smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher, go get them. And don't forget to have you extinguisher checked annually (which I need to do). As my brother said, "If it wasn't for a Sunshine stopping by, he would have lost his house." The rest, I can't even think about. Also, the firemen told him that "You did a good, but that smoke, it'll kill ya". MJ

1 comment:

Once Upon a Farm said...

I glad he's alright...scary poop!