Saturday, March 15, 2008

Grandpa's Harley

I added a link under Forever Friends. My cousin Josh is restoring our grandpa's Harley. You have to check this out, it's pretty sweet. Of course I should know better than to read it during Saturday School, there's always a mixture of "tears of joy" and of "heartbreak". Damn the weepy eyes! Technology is pretty sweet (when it goes your way).

Another Blue day here. Bob learned some in ski terms while in Haines. Blue is good, Bob thought at first it was bad. This morning he was giving me the run down. Sick, Pow Pow (known as powder in the middle school world), there was another one I can't remember. But it was fun listening to him describe some of the conversations. These times make me think about how blessed I am to be with some I enjoy. Most of the we just hang out together and it's fun. We like the same things and most of the time we are on the same page. I don't think that I say it often enough, but it is good spending my life with this man.

We are getting ready for our visit with Sheri. I have a list a mile long, but we'll let her pick. We just hope that we'll get at least one of these Blue days while she is here. The panoramic view is just so phenomenal when it's a clear day. MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

Every time I tell somebody at work who might be interested in the restoration I get all teary eyed too. Of course, some of that comes from my own personal history and my "K" year at Springville School. I always think of it as happening all year but it just dawned on me that it was probably only early Fall because riding on the back of a Harley in a skirt and no jacket would probably have been to chilly for even me! And, you know how I like the cold!