Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Must be the Hallmark in me

Today I ran around town working on some research for projects at work. The customer service in this town is a little sad, until today, no one had said hi to me when I entered a store. To be honest, most of the time you feel like a bother. A simple hi will do. I would chance people down at Hallmark to welcome them. I know, sometimes it probably was a little scary, but it is just the nice thing to do.

Now I am just waiting for Bob to get off work so we can go home. it's my night to make dinner and i have not a clue what I will be making. I know shocking, but after years of Bob doing all the cooking I am trying to pitch in 2 nights a week and pack lunches for 2 days. Hey, it's fair 2 nights I cook, 2 nights I am not even home to eat dinner, Friday we always make pizza, that leaves Bob with 2 nights. My nights are basic, grilled cheese, blts, chili fries and tonight, I'm makin' Spam! Who's coming over for dinner?

Last we a new Breezin opened up and people, including myself, have gone crazy. This morning Tristan and I stopped by before work and I was so excited about the 12 flavors of slushies, the soft serve ice cream machines and all the coffee choices. Oh, it is a simple life here.

We have our next victims, oh, I mean guests scheduled. Our friend Kim's parents will be in Juneau in May. They are traveling with another couple and will be arriving by cruise ship. I am planning the day. Kim actually lived in Alaska as a child, but her mom had never been to the capital. It's fun to play tour guide for a day and see some familiar faces. MJ

1 comment:

Once Upon a Farm said...

SPAM! Honey, you live in Alaska, not Hawaii (I know - easily confused!) When I come to be the next victim..errr, guest... I want Spam!