Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update

Yesterday it was pretty warm here, 40s. We headed down the Rainforest Trial and made a little fire on the beach. We also received our new sleeping bags, titanium cookware and hiking tent this week. Unfortunately most of it has to go back. This internet shopping isn't all that fun some days. The sleeping bags are way too big and although we really like the tent and it is set up in the guest room it will most likely be going back. We need a free standing tent. Today we are going to check out Nugget Outfitters and ask a few questions. Time to stop cringing at spending a couple hundred dollars (a piece!) on sleeping bags. Yicks. Did you know that there are sleeping bags out there for $500+? Bob and I tried to see what the difference is between those and $200 bags. We didn't really notice a difference. The cookware is good, check that of the list.

I've have been feeling good about our morning walks. Tristan and I have been able to get outside again, which is so much better than laps around the gym. By the time I get to school now I have in 5 miles. It feels good! On Thursday, I get splashed by a school bus. Lucky for me I have excellent raingear. I just had to go dry my hair under a hand dryer once I got to school. It was comical.

Friday morning by the time I go to school at 7:50 i had already taken Bob to work, gone to Home Depot and finally made it to the recycle center. I love waking up early. Now that I know what the recycle center is all about and how they separate things we are going to set up a little recycle center of our own here at home. Then we'll go once a month.

Last night we went ice skating again. We are both getting better. Bob didn't fall last night and I trusted him enough to hold his hand and not be a wall-hugger all the time. It was disco skate night but the music wasn't quite disco. i mean how can yo claim to have disco night and not even play the Village People? It was more like techno. There weren't many people there which is nice for us beginning skaters.

Today we are thinking of going to see Spiderwick Chronicals. We'll give you are review later. MJ

1 comment:

Once Upon a Farm said...

Try rei.com - if you have questions or need me to check something out, I can do that. I have a Flagship store 4 blocks from the apartment.

40's...that's nothing - we had 60's and it was AWESOME!