Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Lazy Sunday

There's lots of snow out there. Not the 24 to 34 inches we were projected to get, but a fair amount with another 4-6 today. The weathermen/women are the same every where, sometimes they get it right, others, not so much.

We are spending a quiet Sunday curled up watching movies. Part of that is because I have come down with a sick. I am sucking down water and Advil hoping to flush it out before tomorrow.

Speaking of water I am trying my hardest to drink the recommended amount. For me, that is 73 ounces a day. Yet another incentive to loose a few pounds since I dilike drinking water. I was sucessful 5 out of 7 days last week. Not so bad for the first week.

Last night was the annual Wearable Arts event. If you get a chance clink on the link for our newspaper and check out the pictures. It is pretty fun. Just another way to pass the time here and get through the long winter days. I did try to give away my ticket, I felt so crappy, but I am glad I went. It is cool to see what people come up with. I also realized that I am becoming a "true transplant Juneau-ite". Last night I wore a nice sweater, fantastic wideleg jeans with gold detailing on the pockets and my rubber boots. That's just how it is. Well that and I still haven't bought winter boots. I am cheap and so far have gotten by just fine. My feet are warm. But now that the snow is getting deeper, I may have to break down and buy them. Most likely I won't find the ones I want since I waited so long and next hing you now it will be next winter and we will be having this same conversation all over again.

Yesterday on my way home from Saturday School I got stuck coming up our road. I actually slide sideways, ended up on the wrong side of the road with one of our back tires on the sidewalk. I wish I had a picture for you to see. So I am sitting in the truck using the cell phone to call Bob who is at home about 200 feet above me. He finally answered on attempt number 5. Yes, I just kept calling until he answered (My mom knows all about this). When he finally answered I told him to look out the window. What a sight. So he came down and rescued me. It took our studded tires and chains to get her home. But he did it. I am better off just sticking to the bus! MJ

1 comment:

Once Upon a Farm said...

*shakes head* That's pretty funny!