Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day

I am almost fully recovered from the "sick" of last week. Whipped me out! I sure hope that it doesn't come back. It is wicked.

Today was one of those extra days, nothing you have to do, well I had a dentist appointment and I worked at the theater for 2 hours, but nothing else. It was good. Ran a few errands, tried to go to the recycle center, but ofcourse, they are closed on Mondays. So we'll just drive around with a few boxes of newspapers in the truck until I can try again on Friday.

We went ice skating again on Saturday. It was for Tristan's birthday so there were several people there and some of them actually knew how to skate. Bob is much more daring then I am (can you even imagine) so he crashed a couple of times. Yicks, it looked like it hurt. We are planing on going this weekend again, Disco Night. Bare chest and gold chains.

We got out for a few hours on Sunday for a hike. It felt good to get out again. It has been fairly warm 40s, so much of the snow has melted. Still pretty slippery, but we managed.

I am on book ten of the Unfortunate Events Series. What an adventure. Maybe this summer I will read adult books again. The school liabray is just so darn convenient.

We almost have all of the plug changed and switch plate covers up. What a difference that small change is making in our place. Small projects this year.

Well, I'm tired. Time to do a little reading before I head off to bed. 9 pm sharp. Can you believe Mom? How many times did I fight going to bed at 9 pm. MJ

3 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

These people that have President's Day off.... *rolls eyes*

70's went away for a reason.... matter of fact, so did the 80's.

Ice skating is like roller skating - remember that for A's birthday?? :)

Marlys said...

Oh yes, I remember! Don't look now, but you are gettng to bed way before Grandma does.....of course, she doesn't get out of bed some days before the morning is half gone (your secret is out Mom!)

I'd be with you on the 70's and 80's, Scooter but that would mean my only kid would be living in FL instead of spread across the US and freezing in Alaska, freezing in Michigan, and of course freezing 'on a high' in Colorado. Now, look at all I'd have missed.

As I recall how it went with Molly's ice and roller skating, I'm certain she knows how Bob felt!

Bob and Molly said...

I just love you two, please don't stop leaving me comments. Since I can't get any pictures it's my only link!