Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Whoohoo, the snow is piling up

Another snowy day here in Juneau, Alaska. To be honest many of us were hoping for a snow day. No such luck. But the snow is piling up and in many areas the sidewalks have disappeared. So there is still hope for another day. Nothing but snow in our forecast.

I know some of you check out Scott's blog (if you are looking for a laugh, check it out, on most days, he is hilarious) and yesterday he was talking about since he turned 30 how his body is chancing, blah, blah, blah, I was thinking about that this morning while I was getting ready. Today I pulled my hair back and each time I do this, I noticed more white hair above my ears. The same place my mom has hers, But it doesn't make me said or upset about getting older, it just makes me smile. If I can be lucky enough to be as beautiful as I remember my great granny being and of course my mom is (although she does have many more years before her whole head goes gray & white) then I am so good with it. Besides for me, life is truly getting better as I get older. So Scott, it's okay, even if your own body rejects you, you have lots of people who love you (and miss you) that won't. MJ

3 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

My hair can turn green....as long as it says on the head!

Getting old sucks.... but way better than the alternative!

Bob and Molly said...

Careful, it turning green maybe the next thing!

Marlys said...

We got snow, rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow again. Fortunately it was all in a short period of time and the roads (well, the main roads) didn't stay nasty too long. Now we are in a beautiful 'winter wonderland' setting. Even last night when I drove home in the dark it was breath taking.....if I didn't know any better I would have thought I was driving up North on some of those scenic roads. Ahhh Michigan, my Michigan!