Friday, November 30, 2007

Ugh!

So, I have worked very hard at not be "crabby" and only focus on the positive since we moved here because I get what a gift this is but the last couple days are wearing me down. Wednesday night I wake up in the middle of the night and when I get out of bed I step on something that doesn't feel nice. I stand there trying to figure out what to do. It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I really don't want to wake Bob up but it hurts and I am stuck. I think for a moment and realize that what I have stepped on is the fishing lure suncather that has been hanging in our window since we moved in. (Well actually, I found it on the floor last week and just stuck it back in the window. I knew at the time it wasn't a good idea, but did I care, not then. So I decide that I have to wake Bob up. I can't walk, the light switch is too far away and I am not pulling it out til I see the damage. It has 3 one hook with three (whatever you call them) sticking out and now they are in my foot. So Bob wakes up, looks at it and pulls it out. My foot hurts a little, but whatever. Then yesterday at our games I went into the gym, used the restroom and went to watch the games before ours. As I was sitting in the bleachers I realized that my pants were unzipped, no big deal, I got up, covered myself with my zipped and went back to the restroom. Only to realize that it wasn't that I forgot to zip my pants, no, my zipper was BROKEN and I have to coach soon. So off to the office I went to find a safety pin, just like a kid. Luckily Darla knew that there is a stash with the nurse. I grab the biggest one I can find, pin myself up and off I go. All the while hoping that it doesn't pop open and stick me in the gut. It's roughly 3 inches long. I get through the game, get home, pull the waistband of my pants out to remove the safety pin and realize that I stuck it through my skin, not much, but just enough to make it smart and itch. Today, I go in early to work and supervise some of the basketball players making signs for the tournament next week. All I do is watch and I some how manage to get pink paint all over my paints. All the kids? Clean. Yeap, all I could think is "Molly the Messer, Clumsy Clod". Then I have a little bit of a rough day at work. I love my job so I won't bash it. On the way home I realize I still had coffee left in my mug and split on myself. I tried to comment on Scott's Blog and it won't let me in. I can't figure out how to edit my own comments on my own blog. Now that I type this I realize that my pants lasted through the game, my foot is fine, my pants came clean, my gut is good I just e-mailed Scott, and someone maybe will tell me how to edit my comments and I bet reading this made a few of you laugh, so I guess it's not so bad. MJ

4 comments:

ybus said...

ROFL! At least your not the only one that has days like those! We do get through them but you managed to cram your day(s) quite full with one thing after the other. Made me laugh and feel for you. Hopefully today was better:)

ps - I've emailed you directions on how to edit.

y

ybus said...

ps - you've also been tagged. read my blog for details.

y

Once Upon a Farm said...

I agree with Y - that's the best laugh I had all day. Here's a little secret - Add me as your friend on MySpace. I sent another request this morning.....

Marlys said...

Laugh, I busted a gut (no pun intended) laughing at your "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" day! “Molly the Messer” indeed....I can hear Great-Great Grandma Dolly laughing at this one.
I am glad you shared and that everything worked out! I love you Molly Jean!