Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Open Skate

Bob & I went skating tonight, it was pretty fun. Bob is much better then I am. I have to skate close to the edge and he does circles around me, literally. And so did 3/4 of the 5 years that were on the ice. I saw a couple people I work with and a student. I made him promise he wouldn't tell everyone how bad I am. It's taken me until the last couple of weeks o figure out who this kid looks like, I finally did. He reminds e of Jody. When I figured it out it caught me a little of guard. Those years when we were in middle school those were fun years. Our group "o the farm" was bigger then and less complicated and we built forts, tortured each other, played pig and horse, and chased each other through the cemetery, a few New Years at Grandma Pawson's. So for my friend Scott the other day it was a song that took him back. For me it was a reflection of a lost friends face reflecting in someone elses. Anyway, that went way off track from Bob and I had a great time skating.

Our second basketball game is tomorrow. Go Wolverines! (the black and turquoise ones)! MJ

2 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

If you're going to be doing that to me.... you HAVE to put in a disclaimer first!!! :)

Who doesn't miss those days....innocents have certainly been lost.

Bob and Molly said...

I didn't know I was going to do it til I started to type. Have I told you I found someone here who reminds me of you? We just pick at each other and laugh! Just like us!