Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunshine

It has been unbelievable warm here the past couple of days. I have been able to wear shorts and a tank top and flip-flops. I can't even believe it. This is what gets you through during the rainy days. Right now I am out on our deck and enjoying the warmth. In a little while I am headed to Sandy Beach with my book and blanket (to lay on). The seaplanes are buzzing up and down the channel. Who would have ever thought that I would sit out on my deck. looking our over a channel and mountains and watch the seaplanes go by. This place is surreal.

I packed up my pack today and tried it on. I am hoping that I actually have room for clothing and food. Right now I am not so certain. We are going out Rainforest Trail tonight and are going to camp out. I know that this will be hard to believe, but this is the first time that we have been out camping since we moved here. Our maiden voyage. Bob has to work until 11 pm so he will meet us out there. Hopefully he won't run into any bear on the walk out. It is still fairly light at 11 pm and the trail is an easy on so he should be okay. Well, the place doesn't clean itself and the laundry doesn't self wash so I better get finished so that I can go play. MJ

2 comments:

Marlys said...

What a fantastic way to spend one of your favorite camping weekends! We miss you Molly and Bob; campfires aren't the same here in Michigan.

Bob and Molly said...

There not the same without all of you.