Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!

The kids have left the building. Today was there last day. Tomorrow is mine. Just have to pack up my classroom and I am done. Bet you never thought that you would hear those words come out of my mouth.
It was a smooth day. We had 8th Grade Promotion. I must admit I got a little chocked up.

At the end of the day I watched the kiddos leave (just like everyday). But oh were they so excited. One of our basketball players is moving away and she gave me the biggest hug. Coaching was the best thing I did for myself this year.

"Oh, Jesus, God", that's what I said when I was peddling home tonight when my heart stopped because I was going up hill, slowly, and when I looked up there was a deer staring me in the eyes. All I could think was these things are so skidish it's going to ram into me. But it didn't and I said a pray thanking God for not letting it be a bear and that I got to be that close to it. You know when it happened I also thought "gee, I should stop and get it's picture". Had my camera in my bag.

I went downtown and read for a while at Marine Park, then came on home. Funny, I feel like I have so much time on my hands! MJ

3 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

It always so good to see the kids go away..... :) But it's even better to see them come back in the fall.

Hey - did you get my message about seeing Lois and Amanda??

Bob and Molly said...

I did about Gram. And my exact thoughts "that Son of a B....!". I was going to call, but realized that if you were still in MI it would have been midnight.

Marlys said...

Way to go; get her all rialed up so she calls me and says: "do you know what Scott had the nerve to leave me a message about?!" It won't be long now, Molly and you can call him back and tell him you saw them up close and personal....LOL...just seven more months.