Wednesday, May 7, 2008

How much smoother it runs

Well, well, well, what a difference it was on my bike today. I made it home in 45mins and road up all the hills until I got home. We live up a mountain, what can I say, I'm not that good. Yet. Maybe by the end of the summer. It was a nice ride. Bob tightened up all the spokes and raised the seat. Put a fender and mirror on. I still have to put on the flashing light. I had my helmet and I was peddling with no ares in the world!

We are down to 14 days of school. I have 2 big projects that I am working on and it is making the time fly by. Too quickly actually. But all I can do is my best and on this first project which will happen next week whether I am successful or not, when it's over I will exhale. The other project is the 8th Grade Dance and I am the back-up helper there. Once this project is over I will jump into that. I really enjoy the ISS part of my job. Working with our students is what I enjoy the most. This whole Volunteer Coordinator thing is tough. I do it because it's my job, but it is really hard to depend on other people. But there's just not enough of me to do it all.

Today I was reminded how blessed I am that I have a loving, nonviolent family. I always had a roof over my head and food to eat. Even if I didn't like them, they were there. Not everyone has that and it's sad. It just really reminded me how wonderful my mom is. Thanks mom! MJ

No comments: