Saturday, May 3, 2008

More on the week

The first cruise ship arrived on Wednesday. It feels so good to me to see them. Like we ARE connected to the outside world. I really do enjoy the tourist and the atmosphere of downtown when they are here. Plus they bring $ to spend and lets face it, what community couldn't use more $?

The end of the school year is approaching fast and I have a few big projects to finish. Lots of volunteers are needed and I bet you are all glad you are not close enough for me to ask! Our yearbooks are in, but just like the kids I have to wait until the 19th. I thought that it would be fun to get one since I coached this year and am getting to know a lot more of the kids. It will be sad to see the 8th Graders move on, but I think even sadder when our 6th graders go and you've been with then for 3 years. All in due time. We only have 17 days with the students and 18 workdays left. Crazy how fast it went. I'll talk more about the projects that I am working on later.

After SS I head to the theater to work the matinee. I am at the school from 9-1 and the theater from 12:30 to 5. See a problem with that? They all work with me and I race out of one plan and race into the next. Then I am going down to the Red Dog Saloon to fill out an application to work in the gift shop over the summer. The GM from the theater is part owner now and said he'd like to have me work there. He knows my schedule at the theater and will work around it. We;ll see how he feels when he sees how many days off I need in June. But I am dependable, hard-working and very people orientated so it should all work out. I am anxious to get the electric bill $ saved and work on our Disney funds.

I better bug-off now, work to do. MJ

No comments: