Monday, September 3, 2007

Ziplining

This came about because Tristan knew someone whose boyfriend does the tours and they needed some bodies to fill the tour so there I was with an offer to go for free. . . and we all know that I am cheap, so off I go. I pretty much knew what it was about but I just looked at the tree tops and didn't let myself freak out. It was pretty cool. At the highest point you are 180 ft above the ground on a platform hooked to a tree. Let me tell you the trees sure do sway. But I actually looked down. There was only one point where I wasn't sure if I would be able to step off the platform (well, 2) but the first one is just after you zip over a gorge and look down and the earth has dropped out from under you. Then you are on this one tree at the edge of the forest and all you see is open and down. Wow! It was a toughy, but what are you going to do, you're mom's not there to help you down. So I stepped off. Trust in the Lord. The longest zip takes you out of the trees, over the beach and back into the trees. At this point the ride is over and all you have to do is step off the platform and lower yourself down. Ahh, they sure don't know me. Luckily Tristan went first and they are really good about spinning you out there so you can lower yourself down. So it was a fun, exciting experience, but I am not sure that I will ever do it again! MJ

No comments: