Sunday, September 30, 2007

Curing Homesickness



Sometimes when I get homesick I need a reminder of how blessed we are to be here. For me this means taking a drive out to the Glacier. So today I was feeling a little blue and I had some time before I had to pick up Bob so I headed out the the Glacier.


It cracks me up every time I see it . . . I mean a Glacier, right there in front of me. And if you look around into the surrounding mountains you will see waterfalls. And if you listen, you will hear them, rushing off the side of the mountains into the lake. It is a gorgeous sight. The Glacier has recently calved and in one spot there is a brilliant blue. I just can't get enough.


Today I stopped and prayed and thanked God for this gift.

Then I turned back to head to the truck when I saw several people heading over to the edge of a trail and there was talk of a bear.
This is why you never, ever, leave home without your camera!!! (these are old pictures)
There it was walking along the end of a pond. At one point when it walked around to the end closest to us it was probably 20 feet away. It was pretty cool and even though there were about 20 of us, it still made me a little nervous. It was close and not a huge bear, but big.
I truly believe that God sends us what we need and today I needed to be reminded that we live in a beautiful place with so much opportunity. And He showed me that. MJ

3 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

Calved and ho - are you sure you're not back in Onsted???? It almost sounds like you're back on the farm. *evil laughs*

I can agree with you on this - I still love looking at the mountains and just can't believe I'm this far from Michigan.

janni said...

Incredible gifts you have been given, Molly. I miss you and love you. Janni

ybus said...

Continue to count your blessings!

y