Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Somebody's tellin' lies . . .

So do some of you all remember how I said "oh no, Southeast Alaska is warmer in the winter than the Midwest, blah, blah, blah . . . " Yeah, it's not. Today the HIGH WAS 6!!!!!!!! We are having record snow and cold, again. Hasn't this happened the last 3 winters? Oh yeah, just when we moved here. This place is lucky that it is so darn beautiful!!! Tomorrow 5 is the high! 5! Oh yeah and with the Taku Winds blowing up the channel it will feel like -22 downtown and on Douglas Island. Need I remind you were we live? Are you kidding me? Okay, deep breath in, deep breath out, relax. MJ

4 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

I had the same problem my first winter in Colorado - I was told 'It will snow hard and then be gone in 3 days'. It was a bunch of BS - it snowed 8" EVERY FRIDAY and stayed till April!

Once Upon a Farm said...

Even though we have high winds today, it's suppose to get up into the 50's here - I'll send some your way!

Marlys said...

Says we are supposed to be 34 with West wind at 9 mph.....hope that means you are blowing the 50's our way Scott!
Alas, the Kirkendall boys just told me it is definately cold out there...guess no 50's anytime soon!

Bob and Molly said...

See, all that you both said is my weather!!! What is happening?