Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, Monday

Wow, what a day!
First it started with my normal routine, get up, make coffee, turn on laptop. Then I go shower and start getting ready. Since Bob and I share a ride, I usually have an extra 1/2 hour in the morning while he gets ready for work. So I go back the the computer and dink around on there. This time of year I always check the JSD (Juneau School District) website. Most days, like today, it was just out of habit. But there it was in BIG BOLD RED letters: School Closed. What? This baffles me. So I go tell Bob that we had better leave early since the roads must be bad. Then it hits me, I should checck the date on when the site was last updated. There it was 5:43am on Friday. Somebody missed the boat on this one. It was not updated until 6:55am. Our high schools start at 7am. Now if I wouldn't have had to drive Bob to work this am, I wouldn't have checked after the first time. Lucky me.
So off to school and work we go.
Long about 1:15 the pwr goes out. It is really dark in my room at school, no outside windows! Lucky for me, after this happened in Dec, I put a little flashlight on my school keys. So I help out at the school until 2:15 when I need to go and get Bob for his dr appt. Right when I am getting ready to leave he calls to tell me that the pwr should be back on within the hour, so he should still be able to get his x-ray on his neck. Funny, that hadn't even crossed my mind. When I picked him up I started to say "Wouldn't it be ironic if . . ." "I know, I know, I've already thought about it". But it all worked out. The pwr was back on, he got his x-rays, the bone is fussed and my man has a neck again - Praise God!!!
Now for those of you who follow our blog and remember our electricity woes of last year . . . well, the pwr outage was the result of an avalanche, again. It warmed up to almost 40 and it is going to continue to be that warm for atleast a week. All the snow we got is causing flooding and snow is sliding down the mountains. We are back on diesel generators. Ugh! This time we can't shut off the heat, so we just shut off the fuses that we could and we'll make due. MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

Nice neck Bob. I'll bet it gets cold now!