Thursday, October 11, 2007

Catching Up

Tonight we posted our teams for b-ball. The really cool thing for our players is that each girl was placed on a team. A fourth team was created and those girls will have the opportunity to work on fundamentals and also play a few games against our team and maybe even a couple other schools. A wise uncle once told me "you can't tell at this age who your futures stars will be" (or close to that) so I am very pleased that they all have the opportunity to play if they choose too. There were a few tears because not everyone got on the team they wanted, but it seemed to go pretty well. So Monday we begin practice. I am really excited and hope that our team is also.

Tristan and I will be traveling to Ketchikan with the A & B teams in November as chaperons. Flying - Yicks! I already warned them all. We are also attending a free coaching clinic next Wednesday.

Tomorrow I am having a tooth extracted. It is the first in what could be a year long process to have it replaced with an implant. When I say it's a million dollar tooth, I am not far off. That's why you must go to the dentist regularly. My mouth has a lot of "what could have been vacations" in it.

Bob has been participating in a helicopter training at work this week. We have both had some late nights. Tonight they "had" to take the instructor out for and I quote "2 Beers". Yeah, I buy that! He has had a good week and says he's learned a lot.

I wrote my first PSA (Public Service Announcement - I didn't know what it meant when I was asked to do it, so I am hoping others don't either). It will be kind of neat to hear it read over the local radio stations. I am learning all sorts of new things. I really do just love my job.

I guess that's it for now, I am sleepy and think I will head off to bed. MJ

3 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

How fun - doing PSA's for the radio station. Have fun with that - you never know where that leads to - maybe even a morning show gig! :) I loved doing PSA's in college for the college radio station, plus having my own radio show. I miss it! :)

Congrats on the b-ball issues and good luck on the flying. :) I know how much you *love* that!

Angela said...

Hi, Molly! I just found your blog through Scott's, so I'll have to keep up with you, too. I didn't know you were in Alaska, how fun! Your pictures are truly beautiful, maybe I'll have to come visit you sometime! I'm in the Foreign Service now, and headed to Africa in January. Feel free to come visit me anytime! :) Take care, and tell Bob hi for me. Love, Angie

Marlys said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will NOT be able to attend any of your games....as much as I would like to. I can't get "the boys" here at work to commit to filling in for me! (Besides, they are afraid if I visit Alaska I won't come back, or will be too dizzy to come back or something like that!) I hope there will be "film at eleven" (at least for one of the games)! Love, Mom