Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thoughts from the week

We enjoy having a little turtle, she brings us much joy.

The smell of straw doesn't make me want to curl up in fetal position and cry. 

Bails of straw weigh more than I remember.

I started belly dancing this week.  I thought that it would be fun to do during these long, dark winter nights.  I knew that Tristan, Tracy and Jamie would be in the class, but I was also pleased to see another Tracy there, who used to work in the office across from me at Dzantik'i Heeni.  It is a fun group and I really think that I am going to enjoy it.  It's something just for me. I am becoming more comfortable in my body the older I get, but still not where I would like to be.  I also feel more comfortable with trying new things.  I am not sure if that is growing older or moving some place new and not having any preconcieved notions about what I can and should be doing.  I can be whomever I want here, no on knows any different.  This class will be a challange for me, since I don't have very good balance and I am a it uncoordinated.

Halloween is fun - I like to dress up.

I am not sure how cowboys wear cowboys boots all the time, my feet are killing me.  Maybe that's why they ride a horse, it hurts too much to walk.

A quote from E.Tate that has me cracking up (and sounds like something that I have said to Bob):  He wakes up, walks into the kitchen, he is staying at his Grandma's house (my mother) and says:  "You're up, I am hungry, where's my breakfast?"  His Grandma's reply, "boy, this isn't a resturant".  To which he says, "yes it is, it's Grandma's resturant".  I love that kid!  This would probably be better told by his Grandma, but she seems to have misplaced her blog.

I am concerned for my mother and that her job will continue to be there.

Big events to get through before coming home:  Harvest Fest, Jamboree, Rebounders/Hooptime Tourney.  Havest Fest is now coomplete two more big events and time to go to MI.  Woohoo!

I am content.

No comments: