Friday, October 23, 2009

Play


That's what my Friday has been . . . First, I love my job, it is such fun to go to work each day, there are challenges, but each day I am able to find some fun and successes.  Second, I had an extra practice for LEGO League.  After building and programming for a couple of hours, most of the team members had left and those that were left needed a break, so we went to the commons to run around, literally.  We played ball tag and it was a blast!  One of the boys said "I can't believe a teacher (that's me - they think everyone who works at a school is a teacher) is playing with us".  Are you kidding, it was so much fun.  We played for 45 minutes.  As the last two boys were leaving they thanked me for playing with them.  I also heard them tell one of their moms "that was so much fun".  After all that, the fun still wasn't done . . . I headed downtown to see one of our high schools preform "Little Shop of Horrors".  I meet the crew that went to Lion King and Julianna joined us, plus one of our counselors from school and seven young ladies, also from our school.  It was a special treat for them that our counselor arranged.  The play was wonderful and everyone had a nice time.  Bob couldn't make the play, he had to work late, so after Julianna, Kenny, Bob and I went to the Island Pub for some pizza and conversation.  Bob and I had a brisk walk down there and enjoyed good food and conversation.  Then we had a brisk walk home.  It's nice to be close enough to do that.  What a fun day full of play.  MJ

Flashback:  The first time that I saw "Little Shop of Horrors" was with Sheri and Momery.  We played hookie form school and went to the movie and I think the library.  It is a fun little memory.

No comments: