Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back in the bus. . .

Before yo read this, it's all in fun. Riding the bus for the most part is good, saves us money, I don't have to drive around in the crappy weather, and it's safe. This is just to make you laugh (if you read it like I say it (mom, can you hear me ranting as I do?), it's funny!)
I am back to riding the bus a few days a week. Bob is on 10s so I ride the bus home. Here's the thing. . . I started back on Friday, which just so happened to be the first day of a cold spell and winter storm. So I walked through a blizzard to get to the bus stop. But I caught the 4:20 bus and was home a little after 5 pm. No biggie, I know that I am riding the bus, I make sure i have warm clothes on. Monday rolls around and now I am back to needing to catch the 4:50 bus and I quickly realize it is back to it's old habits of last year. When it is never on time!!! So this bus is 25 minutes late. Mind you, the buses run every 30 minutes this time of day. This means that we miss the Douglas transfer. Luckily for me, I am working at the theater, I just need to get downtown by 6 pm. Unfortunately, this driver lets us know that since he is running so late he will not be finishing the route because he just has to start all over again. So basically he boots us out. By the time I get to work it is 5:45 pm, so I am on time but I am so cold. And so the same story repeats itself yesterday, except that I am going home. The bus is 20 minutes late, we miss the transfer and I can either stand out in the cold for 25 more minutes waiting for the bus or go to the theater, call Bob and have him pick me up. So I get home 15 minutes later, at least I don't have to stand in the cold. By the way, if I haven't said so already we are in our first cold spell of the year so in the low teens and single digits. I also forgot to bring my hat yesterday. Luckily one of my coworkers had a spare and took pity on me so I borrowed it last night. Brrr. MJ

2 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

Waiting in the cold for a bus... I so wish I could find an red '85 cavalier and drive by beeping my horn.... *evil grins*

Bob and Molly said...

you're the best!!! man, oh, man. . . that gives me a laugh