Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Paper Doesn't Run . . .

One year ago today Quinton James was born. Happy Birthday.

My daily routine is blown today. And I need routine. When we left for work this morning, no newspaper. Apparently they do not have the same motto as the Post Office. Bummer. Usually after Tristan and I walk I come back to my room, check my e-mail and read the paper. Now I have no idea what is going on in the world. Plus no Dear Abby. I need her wisdom to start my day.

The Ferry Schedule finally got posted yesterday> (AM & UP I will be looking it over tonight and let you know when it runs from Skagway to Juneau.) It is a little disappointing, which is what the residents of SE were concerned about. We actually have to arrive a day earlier in Skagway for the Chilkoot. Which is rough, there aren't many places to stay (we didn't want to camp before and after the trail). Plus it's not cheap. Not outrageous, but not cheap. But that just means more time in Skagway and I do love to go new places. Who knows, may them will even have a Wendy's (they don't, but a girl can dream).

You'll notice a new list added to the right side of the blog. I have been on a reading frinzy since vacation. While in Mexico I read 5 books. Since we have been back I have read 6. Scott said that his goal this year is to read 5/month. I think that I am up for the challenge. Now before you go making comments about the books I am reading, let me just say that I start reading books with the students and then I have to know how they end. So yes, there will be many middle school aged books, but I still read them and they are 200-300 pages, so it passes. I also decided to read the Bible this year. I have always wanted to read from cover to cover and I was given a yearly Bible so this is the year. Some of the reading is dry, the listing of family lines, but it is organized nicely so that you don't read just that for one day. So each day it is about 15 minutes of reading and you complete the Bible in 365.

Well, that was the 8:30 bell, time to get to work. Good Day.

4 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

First - Dear Abby online is http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/ Another one that you might like is Savage Love (http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove) It's a little more racey - but worth the read.

I can relate to the Bible - it's hard to read in the beginning - in the middle of the Old Test. it's gets better (Deuteronomy is my favorite). New Test. is a drag (first 4 books tell the same thing) but it's neat to say that you've done it. Plus all those Jewish laws... After you read it I recommend the book "A Year Living Biblically" It's a good book and really puts it into today's frame of mind.

I'm 80 pages from ending book #6 for Janaury..... :) I must say that I *really* don't miss a TV!

Once Upon a Farm said...

So where is this list of books.... I'm curious to quiz you! *evil grins*

Tristan and Adam said...

Wendy's??? seriously Molly...don't get your hopes up. I think our next hike needs to be somewhere down south so that we can binge on fast food after the hike. I hear skagway has a good thai restaurant.....

Once Upon a Farm said...

I like thai..... *evil grins*