Sunday, January 6, 2008

Puerto Vallarta


We had a wonderful vacation. PV is beautiful, lush (one of Bob's words while we were there), the people are friendly, the weather was perfect. We don't say that we will go back to a place very often, there is so much in this world to see, but PV and the Grand Canyon, we'll be back. PV hopefully soon.
Observations of the trip:

The breeze was warm and felt so good.

The first cab driver we had was crazy. I thought we would die before we made it to the hotel. He cut in and out of traffic, was speeding, and drove on the shoulder. Yicks.

In order to find Made In the USA you need to go to a foreign country.

My new drink of choice, a Pink Panther. Ordered by a 10 to 12 year old boy in line in front of me. Delicious.

We read. It felt good to sit and just read.

New Year's was a Disco/80's music flashback and it was fun.

Baby Sea Turtles look like big Sea Turtles, only much smaller.

All Inclusive has its ups and downs. Eating and drinking all you want is fantastic, until your clothes don't fit. But it was worth every bite, we love to eat.

Our flights we smooth. Flawless landings and take offs.

On our red eye flight we were in row 6 and you have to put your carry ons up top. So the man next to me offered to put mine up. I said "Oh wait, I have to get something." I unzipped my backpack, grab Mr. Bear and said "my pillow". His response "Looks like a bear to me." I then replied "It's a pillow". Whatever, I dislike flying and I am not too proud to have comfort. He was nice, he just laughed.

We had Burger King for breakfast on the way down. On the way home we paid to have our luggage stored so we could go past security and get Wendy's. It was so good. We ate really slow and savored every bit. Ahh, frosty.

We posted a couple hundred pictures on Snapfish. We took 570 so that is scaling it back. MJ