Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oh, Saturday School

It is the first day of break and I am at Saturday School. It is a quiet place to get your work caught up. I haven't really been here as much as I wanted to this year. Basketball kept me pretty busy. Next semester should be a little calmer. (As far as my schedule goes.)

Christmas is in three days and they are going to be a busy three. Today I have SS until 1 pm. Then I am to be at the theater from 1 - 6 pm. I will be a little late for that. Tomorrow Church and then the theater from 1-6 pm. Monday will be a little easier I only work 3 - 6 pm. But I have to check with the bus schedule. On certain holidays they either don't run or have an abbreviated schedule. So I maybe walking to work. Not so bad as long as our weather holds. Last night I made two simple skirts for Mexico. We leave on the 27th. My sewing machine and I have been getting along well together. I have one other project I hope to finish before we leave.

When the holidays roll come along it becomes even more difficult to not have your heart ache for home and familiar faces. It happens with each and every holiday. Those days that you know your family is together and you long to be there with them. Last Saturday we where out to dinner and we started talking about spoons. Bob and I were cracking up remembering playing with Gram. Last night I was looking at a picture of SAM (Sheri, Angie and Molly) I miss my girls. Just that feeling that people really know you and love you anyway. Which is pretty impressive when you figure we have been friends for what 25 years now. Really, we should have had a party. Lets plan for our 50th. We'll be how old? That's a happy thought. Really it is. I love the thought of being old ladies together. It brings a smile to my face.

January 9th we buy our tickets for the Chilkoot. Its not too late to sign on. The more people the less chance of a bear attack. That alone should make you want to come. The Ferry Schedule posts on January 9th so Tristan and I have plans to buy tickets that day. Then it's a done deal. No turning back. I am going to start putting weights in my daypack when I walk in the gym in the mornings. I am hoping that my pack won't be much over 50 lbs. I am sure I am dreaming. I am guessing that it will be closer to 60 - 80 lbs. How many days can you go without food? Kidding, kidding. Food is the last thing that I will leave behind. We are planning on the hike taking 4 1/2 days and then we want to stay a couple days in Skagway. Neither of us (Tristan or I) has been there yet so we figure we should check it out. One Southeast town at a time.

Well, I should get back to catching up. MJ

1 comment:

Tristan and Adam said...

Chilkoot here we come!!! my dad brought us his ghetto tent (which we will probably NOT be taking!!) and his camping stove...which is awesome..i want you to check it out soon. ok, i'll talk w/you soon!