Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree


Here she is, our first real live normal size Christmas Tree. It is a gran event for us. Check out our Snapfish site for more photos.
We got it from behind our condo. We just drove to the end of the road, got out and went looking. And yes, I double checked that it was legal. You know me, I don't like to get into trouble. It was pretty fun. We climbed up a hill that is just fallen trees and logs. No, not real safe or bright. Especially when your out with no cell phone, supplies, or anyone know where you are. But we like to take chances. Plus we had a saw. Tree rolls on you, you saw your leg off and roll home. (just kidding) We were close to home. I know, most accidents happen close to home. Anyway, we (Bob) cut her down, rolled her down a hill and drug her home. I pointed out which one, took pictures, and commented on how I had forgotten how darn poky those trees are.
Once home, Bob had a hard time waiting an hour and a half so all the snow could melt off before we decorated. We spent the rest of that day (last Sunday) decorating the tree and our place. It is nice and festive in here now. MJ
PS The angel on top is creepy. Bob had to have and angel and we found this one at Home Depot. I ccarried it through the store at arms length by the neck. I can't explain why, but it just give me the creeps. Right now I can feel it staring at the back of my head!

1 comment:

Marlys said...

Indeed! Molly, I am so glad you didn't have to lean it in the corner of the room.
I don't think I will ever forget that 'branch' you and Aaron decorated leaning in the corner of the living room. I remember thinking how you two took the next to nothing you were given and made something special out of it. I'm really impressed how all of you have turned out..........Denise, you, Bob, Aaron and Scotty, too!