Thursday, September 4, 2008

A little clarification

I didn't get to watch Palin last night, but I did read about it in today's paper. If you want to find out more, click on the link for the Empire. It may be helpful. A couple points to clarify:
Yes, Palin did list the jet on e-bay, but no one bought it, so the state of Alaska paid a broker to sell it (was that mentioned in the speech). Also, Juneau is the Capital of Alaska and you would think that the Governor would live here. Not so much - we pay for her to travel back and forth because she lives in Wasilla. She and her family all lived here for like 2 or 3 months, then bailed. It was all about appearance. She talked about ethics reform, but id she mention that she and members of her staff and family are being investigated right now for allegedly "twisting the arm" to have her ex-brother-in-law fired, then fired the man who's arm they tried to twist didn't do it? Also, up until a few months ago, she wanted to move our Capital. I can't tell you how bad that would have been for Juneau. I still think that she has been good for Alaska, but I don't appreciate the partial truths from someone who ran on a ethics reform ticket. I know this happens all the time, but this time I actually know. MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

Well, no.....they didn't mention all those points in the recap anyway. But I was thinking: they can't let all the 'cats out of the bag' at once...politics as usual (ho hum)!