Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting into the swing

We are almost through our first week of school and the kinks are getting worked out. I have been doing pretty good at getting up and running. I am still at 13 mins, but am happy with that. On Monday I am going to try and increase it. I was able to work in my office for a little bit this afternoon which was nice. I have been working with our new Attendance Clerk on our new system, so it has been a little hectic and my classroom and office still aren't set up. But it will get there. I am working on juggling my 3 jobs right now, so I am a little sleepy. But only a few more weeks, then downtown will be closed up and "the Dog" gift shop will close up. I will still work here and there doing misc task throughout the winter, but probably not on a weekly basis. Bob just laughed and said "I knew that you would keep 3 jobs". Whatever. I miss him and his sassiness. I ordered some new work shoes, Dansko, they are fancy, good for your feet shoes, they were going to take 2-4 weeks to get here, I found out today that they are on back order until the 25th of Sept. Then it may be another 2-4 weeks to get here. My feet are breaking. I even wore my New Balance to work today. My big toes feel like they are bruised and my arches feel like they are cracking in half. What is this? Getting older is a love/hate relationship for me. I feel so blessed to be allowed to "see what I will become", but annoyed about the aches and pains. Well, need to stay on my schedule. MJ

2 comments:

Marlys said...

I identify with Bob completely about the three jobs. I can still remember when all you talked about was 'not working when Bob gets his big job' after he finished school! Aches and pains aside, I can't imagine you'll ever stop working! LOL

Bob and Molly said...

I just became the JESS Representative on the Site Council at school also. I believe that all of this is your fault for teaching your children that they are capable of anything and everything.